A simple cookie recipe with a fun, balsamic vinegar twist! Easy, delicious, and elegant.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Espresso Balsamic Vinegar, simmered and reduced to 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars in large mixing bowl.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Slowly pour in the flour mixture and stir until well incorporated. The dough may be somewhat grainy, but it should hold together when scooped by rounded tablespoons and placed on a baking sheet.
- Bake on a lightly greased baking sheet at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- If desired, dust with confectioners’ sugar when cool.