- 1 1/2 lbs yukon gold potatoes washed, unpeeled, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 cups fresh asparagus spears woody parts trimmed, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 bunch green onion finely chopped
- 1 cup back bacon cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 cup Gruyère cheese grated
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive the Best Basil Infused EVOO
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Place the cut potatoes in a medium pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes, drain, and set aside.
- In a large, heavy, oven-proof skillet (a 12″ cast iron is ideal) heat the olive-oil over medium high heat. Add the potatoes and cook until golden brown, turning once. Add the green onions and asparagus, and sauté over medium heat for another 2 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, salt, cheese, and pepper. Pour over the potatoes directly into the pan, shake the pan a couple times gently to distribute the egg, and place the pan in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the egg is set and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and run a knife along the inside perimeter to loosen from the pan. Allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, before inverting onto a serving plate. Cut in slices and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of: Frescolio – http://www.frescolio.ca/recipe/asparagus-ham-gruyere-frittata-basil-infused-evoo/