- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Olive the Best Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 jar (7 ounces) Delizia roasted sweet red peppers, undrained and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in olive oil until tender.
- Stir in the roasted peppers, chilies, cumin, salt and coriander.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in potatoes and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cilantro and lemon juice. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process the cream cheese and half of the soup until smooth.
- Return all to pan and heat through
Original recipe courtesy of: 41 Olive http://41olive.com/winter-roasted-potato-soup.html.