Maple Balsamic Pumpkin Butter
Recipe Author: Veronica
If you love apple butter, you will definitely love our Maple Balsamic Pumpkin Butter. Use anywhere you'd use a jam or jelly spread.
Cooks in: 30 minutes
- 2 - 15-ounce cans pumpkin purée or 3 ½ cups homemade pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar or muscovado
- 1/4 cup Maple Dark Balsamic
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Pie Spice White Balsamic
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg (fresh if possible)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
In a large heavy saucepan, combine all the ingredients over medium heat, stirring to combine. Continue to barely simmer the mixture uncovered stirring occasionally for 30 minutes until the texture of the butter is thick and the aroma complex. Give it a taste and adjust flavor, accordingly, adding more sugar for sweetness, or maple balsamic to deepen color/flavor/acidity, cinnamon and/or nutmeg for warmth, or salt for balance. Allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to a storage container. It can be stored for up to two weeks in the refrigerator or frozen for up to a month.